2017. szeptember 12., kedd

Sequential Tart- Meet Artist Judit Tondora Interview





'Growing up in Hungary, artist Judit Tondora never had a chance to watch Wonder Woman as a little girl, but that didn't stop her from drawing the icon in the pages of Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman. Tondora details how she landed the gig, and more in this exclusive ST interview.

Sequential Tart: Most people are just discovering your work now in Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman. Prior to working on these icons, what work in and around comic books had you done? How did you get your start in the industry? 

Judit Tondora: I did my first comic job for a very small independent/basement publisher in 2008. We literally worked for fun and they had no money to release that book. After that small job, I got another chance to work with an indy publisher, but that series wasn’t published either. I think that was my karma or something. I had to fail two times to see that I must work hard to have a real chance in this industry. Actually I’m still walking on the razor’s edge. When I started to work on my next assignment in 2010, I was more aware, but not really well-practiced. After a few jobs with Zenescope, Arcana, and a small Australian publisher, where I had to paint a series, I gained a lot [of experience] to have a try at something bigger. 

ST: What was the process like to get this gig? Was it offered or did you submit samples for it? Looking at your work, it seems like there could be no other choice, but I was wondering how you came to be the artist on this miniseries?'




Read more on sequentialtart.com

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése